BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — The Kern High School District graduation ceremonies are set for next week. Officials with KSHD said only two guests per graduate allowed - no exceptions.
Graduates and guests will sit together on the field and chairs on the field will be positioned so that a minimum of 8 feet of distance is between family groups.
The guidelines also state that people who are at higher risk of getting sick are asked not to participate. Handwashing stations will be available at entrances and hand sanitizer will be available in several locations across the venue.
Masks will also be provided for staff, students, and guests who don't have one.
The Full Guidelines are:
- Two guests per graduate (no exceptions)
- Graduates and guests will sit together on the field.
- Chairs on the field will be positioned so that a minimum of 8 feet of distance is between family groups and maintained during the ceremony. School staff will assist families in finding their seats.
- Graduates and guests must maintain a minimum of 6 feet of physical distance between themselves and others outside of their home
- People who are at higher risk of getting sick are asked not to participate: People 65 years or older; People who live in a nursing home or long-term care facility; People who have underlying medical conditions, particularly if not well controlled
- People who have had COVID-19 symptoms in the prior three days or who came in contact with someone who has had COVID-19 in the last 14 days should not participate
- Staff, students, and guests should wear face coverings (masks will be provided to anyone who needs one)
- Graduates are encouraged to keep their face masks on until they walk on the stage
- School sites will plan for a process to hand off the diploma and have the student’s picture taken that minimizes physical contact and adheres to social distancing guidelines
- Each site will plan for how students and their guests will be able to avoid congregation and safely exit the event
- Any reusable supplies or furniture used during the ceremony will be properly cleaned and disinfected
For a full list of modified safety guidelines can be found on the website as well as access to the livestreams.
The ceremonies will be live-streamed.
The graduation for Stockdale High School's ceremony has changed to 8 p.m. on June 23.