BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — Simply Sweet Allison shares her favorite holiday dessert, nut clusters. Allison has been making these her entire life, the recipe was passed down by her Nana. It is a very simple treat to share with your family, take to a holiday party, or send to school with your kids to give to their teachers.
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- 1 bag butterscotch chips
- 1 can salted peanuts (or any nut of your choice)
1. Melt the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips in a double boiler.
2. Take off the heat and add in the peanuts and stir until fully combined.
3. Place wax paper on a flat surface. This is where the nut clusters will dry.
4. Use two spoons to scoop a small circle of the chocolate mixture onto the wax paper.
5. Do this as many times as needed until the mixture is through.
6. Cool completely and enjoy! You can store them in an air-tight container for up to several weeks.
Watch the entire Simply Sweet Holiday Special here.