BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — Witch finger sugar cookies are the creepy way to devour your sweet tooth. Allison shares her favorite recipe and shows you how to make them look so creepy, your family will be scared.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar + 1 cup for rolling
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 14 tbsp. unsalted butter 1 3/4 stick at room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- slivered almonds
1. Cream together butter and sugar until it resembles a light color.
2. Then add the egg yolk, vanilla and almond extracts and pumpkin puree.
3. Next, slowly add the rest of the dry ingredients until a dough is formed.
4. Chill the dough for an hour. This will make it easier to roll.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
6. Roll a small amount of dough into the length and width of your finger!
7. Once they are rolled out and placed on a nonstick baking sheet, you are going to push a slivered almond into the tip of the cookie dough. This will resemble the nail of your witches finger.
8. Use a knife to then put 'wrinkles' into the knuckles of the finger.
9. Bake these cookies for 9 to 12 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside.