News

Actions

82-year-old dies in Sonoma County house fire

Posted at 3:39 PM, Dec 27, 2015
and last updated 2015-12-27 18:39:21-05
FULTON, Calif. -- Fire officials say an elderly man who died in a Sonoma County house fire was smoking in bed while using an oxygen tank.
 
The Press Democrat of Santa Rosa reports  that 82-year-old Richard Hance's body was found in a hospital bed in the living room of the home on Saturday night.
 
Cyndi Foreman, with the Central Fire Authority, said the smoking and oxygen appear to blame for the blaze.
 
The house had a smoke alarm, but it had no battery.