FULLERTON, Calif. — Albertsons, Vons, and Pavilions pharmacies in the Southern California market are now offering at-home COVID-19 test kits. Albertsons Cos. piloted the test kits in the Houston, Austin, and Boise markets and saw rapid adoption from customers.
According to the companies, customers appreciate the convenience and innovation of taking the test from their home. The saliva test is easy to use and comfortable. And the at-home model can help ease the burden on a stressed health care system.
The process of obtaining a test is simple. From home, customers complete a short online questionnaire on their website that is reviewed by their local Albertsons, Vons, or Pavilions pharmacist. The patient is then contacted by the pharmacy to schedule a pickup at the store or home delivery. Patients showing symptoms should not pick up their test; they must send a representative or choose delivery.
Here's how it works:
- Visit their website to complete a short medical questionnaire and request your test.
- The local Albertsons, Vons, or Pavilions pharmacists will authenticate the information, review, and order your test.
- Customers will be contacted for payment* and receive notification that your test kit is ready for pickup at their local store or shipped to their home address.
- Customers showing symptoms should not pick up their test; they must send a representative or choose delivery.
- Complete the sample collection and send it to the lab via the kit's prepaid next-day shipping envelope.
- Receive results by email or text.
- After the patient learns of the results, a local Albertsons, Vons, or Pavilions pharmacist is available for questions regarding follow-up care.