BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — In accordance with the Californian State University Chancellor's Office directive, CSUB wich includes Antelope Valley is implementing virtual instruction and social distancing for students and employees starting Wednesday.
CSUB has declared a state of emergency, however, the campus will continue to operate through alternative means of instruction. Face-to-face instruction will end Tuesday night.
For the rest of the spring semester:
• Midterm examinations will be rescheduled using alternative delivery
• All labs, studios, clinicals and other face-to-face interactions are canceled.
• All resident students who are able to are strongly encouraged to leave campus and return to their permanent homes to complete their virtual course work this semester. Resident students with limited or no options to leave campus will be permitted to continue living on campus.
• The CSU Bakersfield Food Pantry will continue operations. New hours and times are 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday; 2 to 6 p.m. Tuesday; 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday; 2 to 6 p.m. Thursday; and closed Friday.
• All campus dining options will be grab and go. Seating will not be available at campus dining facilities.
• The following services will still be available:
University Police Department
Office of the President
Counseling services, but hours and delivery will change
Student Health and Medical Services by appointment via TeleMed (virtual medical care)
CSU Bakersfield bookstore, with limited hours
First floor and basement of the Walter W. Stiern Library for computer access only, but study rooms and all meeting spaces will be closed
Computer labs at the Kegley Center for Student Success
Financial aid by phone
Immigration legal services by phone appointment
Services for Students with Disabilities
Campus Advocate by email
Student Union during this transition week
• The following services will be unavailable:
CSUB Children’s Center will close at the end of the day Tuesday
Student Recreation Center, a framework for partial refunds is being examined.
Veterans Services Center
MAGEC/Dreamers Resource Center
Center for Career Education and Community Engagement
Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities
Office of Campus Programming Fall 2020 Registration Faculty and staff advising will continue through alternative delivery. Additional guidance will be forthcoming.
Advising for continuing registration will take place as scheduled, starting, March 23. Please reach out to your advisor for details on the registration process.
Financial aid and other services are available by phone.
Refunds: the Chancellor’s Office is currently examining a framework for partial refunds in a number of areas, including parking, housing and the Children’s Center. More information will be forthcoming as details are finalized.
Status of CSUB events: All CSU Bakersfield events and activities, including athletics, have been postponed or canceled through the end of the spring semester. For meetings and other campus business, a full range of alternatives to in-person interactions will be required.
ASI Elections Student body leadership elections are continuing virtually.
Spring 2020 Commencement: The Chancellor’s Office has directed that the Spring 2020 Commencement be postponed and that it will not take place during the Spring 2020 semester.