DELANO, Calif. — There have still been no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Delano, the city is taking preventative steps to prevent spread of the virus. The City of Delano is closely monitoring the impact of the coronavirus at a global and local level for all departments.
The city Council will hold a meeting Monday at 5:30 p.m. to consider the following items due to concerns over the new coronavirus.
• Nonessential board, commission and committee meetings will be postponed and rescheduled as permitted.
• Canceling special events scheduled to be held through the end of March. Application fees may be refunded or the event could be rescheduled.
• Canceling all Recreation and Parks Department programs through the end of March.
• City Hall and Community centers run by the city will be closed to the public until further notice.
• Utility Billing late payment penalties for the month of March be waived.
While the Delano Police Department is currently functioning on a modified emergency response, the front lobby of the police headquarters will continue to be closed to members of the public until further noticed. The department recommends non-emergency concerns be reported online or over the phone.