BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — Hall Ambulance Services today released a statement on their response to the COVID-19 outbreak outlining new safety procedures they are implementing. Several weeks ago, the company began implementing measures to protect its employees, patients and the community.
The procedures Hall Ambulance Services are implementing are as follows:
- When responding to a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 patient they use their Emerging Infections Disease Surveillance tool to assist with identifying suspected COVID-19 positive patients. It allows for dispatchers to properly respond to the patient by practicing safe social distancing and determine if they need personal protective equipment.
- Decontaminating their ambulances following the transport of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 positive patient.
- Monitoring their workforce
- Establishing a Hall Ambulance COVID-19 task force
- Working behind the scenes to support their paramedics, EMTs, RNs and emergency medical dispatchers
- Establishing a social media campaing titles "Working on the Frontlines of the COVID-19 Pandemic