BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — In response to concerns regarding the coronavirus threat, the Kern County Superior Court will limit public interaction.
Beginning March 19 through March 30, only the following case types will be heard:
1. Felony and misdemeanor criminal arraignments
2. Felony preliminary hearings
3. Felony sentencings
4. Juvenile initial hearings for dependency and juvenile justice
5. Family domestic violence temporary restraining orders
6. Family law ex parte hearings
7. Probate applications for temporary guardianship
8. Probate applications for temporary conservatorship
9. Civil harassment
10. Civil ex parte requests All other hearings will be rescheduled.
Visit their website and click on the link included in the COVID-19 update if you have any questions about how to contact the court.
Beginning Wednesday, all clerk’s windows will be closed to the public, until further notice.
The “E-file” system and drop boxes will be available for any filings.
The Family Law Facilitator, Family Court Services (mediation), Self-Help Center and Law Library will also be closed.
If you are an attorney wishing to appear telephonically, please use the existing late line and state your intention to so appear under the “reason” box.