BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — In response to concerns regarding COVID-19, the Kern County Superior Court will limit public interaction
Through April 10, only the following case types will be heard:
1. Felony and misdemeanor criminal arraignments
2. Felony pre-preliminary and preliminary hearings
3. Felony sentencings
4. Juvenile initial hearings and jurisdictional hearings for dependency and juvenile justice
5. Family domestic violence temporary restraining orders
6. Family law ex parte hearings
7. Probate applications for temporary guardianship
8. Probate applications for temporary conservatorship '
9. Civil harassment
10. Civil ex parte requests
11. Any other case a judge finds good cause to hear during this time All other hearings will be rescheduled.
The court will send notice to attorneys or parties who represent themselves.
Check here for more information.