We're starting the new month off with a big jump in COVID-19 cases. On Tuesday Kern County Public Health announced 657 new cases of COVID-19. This brings us more than 42,000 cases in Kern since the pandemic started.
This week alone there have been close to 800 new cases of the virus. Also, Tuesday public health announced one new COVID-19-related death. This marks 449 deaths since March.
If you're looking to get tested for COVID-19 following the Thanksgiving holiday, here's how you can:
Wednesday the Latino Task Force is offering free COVID-19 tests. You can head over to Bear Mountain Elementary School in Arvin. The event starts at noon and lasts until 4 p.m.
The task force is also holding other testing events later this week.
Public Health said anyone who gets a COVID-19 test at one of the COVID-19 testing sites below is eligible for a $25 VISA gift card:
- Wasco Library - 1102 7th Street, Wasco
- Rosamond Library - 3611 W Rosamond Blvd, Rosamond
- Arvin Public Health Building - 204 S Hill, Arvin
- Lamont Library - 8304 Segrue Road, Lamont
- Kern Valley Hospital - 4308 Birch Street, Mountain Mesa
- Good Samaritan Hospital - 901 Olive Drive, Bakersfield
Residents can also get tested through the Public Health Nursing mobile testing site, at the following locations during these dates and times:
- 12/2/20 from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. - Bear Mountain Elementary School, 1501 Hood St. Arvin
- 12/3/20 from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. - Sierra Vista Elementary, 300 Franklin St. Arvin
- 12/5/20 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. - Weedpatch Supermarket Parking Lot, 8101 Buena Vista Blvd. Lamont