BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — The Mission at Kern County announced it will remain open and serving amid Governor Gavin Newsom's stay at home order.
"The past few weeks have been uncertain and difficult. Our hearts go out to all those impacted by COVID-19. It is our mission to continue to provide hope to our community by caring for the most vulnerable individuals,” says Carlos Baldovinos, Executive Director.
In a release, the mission said it will continue to provide essential services such as:
- Providing meals
- Emergency shelter services
- Residential recovery programs
- Donation center and pickups
The following non-essential services and meetings will close until further notice:
- Encore Boutique – Closed until further notice
- Volunteers – No volunteers until further notice