The Kern County Public Health Services Department confirmed Tuesday night that a 15th resident in the county has tested positive for the coronavirus. The resident lives on the west side of Bakersfield.
"Public Health is currently investigating this case to determine potential exposure sources and any contacts the patient may have had. These fifteen individuals, as well as the individual who tested positive for COVID-19 while visiting Kern County are recovering at home."
The Health Department is recommending the following protective measures:
- Stay at home except for essential needs.
- Wash hands with soap and water often.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. Follow package instructions for proper disinfecting.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your elbow.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay away from work, school or other people if you become sick.
- Those 65 and older or other high risk groups should self-isolate.