The results for the 26th Relay for Life of Bakersfield are in!
223 teams registered, with 2,754 people participating on those teams.
There were 1,154 registered survivors at the Relay, 4,747 visitors and 310 volunteers. There were also 5,700 luminaria at the event.
The top ten teams (by fundraising) are as follows:
- Aera Energy: $54,079
- Epi's Cancer Biters: $47,645
- Survivor Bakersfield: $33,006
- Chevron: $29,193
- Stella Hills Basket Cases: $25,511
- Bringing Home The Cure: $25,000
- U.S. Postal Service Family and Friends: $24,725
- Bob Miller and Friends: $22,379
- Bimat Bulldogs: $21,547
- Bakersfield Hematology Oncology: $21,121
The top participants (by fundraising) are as follows:
- Epi Herrera
- Marsha Weimer
- Beth Cheatwood
- Jean Browning
- Sandi Brown
- Priscilla Bacus
- Kathy Bess
- Scottie Miller
- Norma Medina
Relay for Life has raised a total of $726,446.68 so far in 2017; the fiscal year ends August 31.