The 7th annual Kern County Small Business Luncheon is scheduled for Wednesday, May 2nd from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The luncheon will be held at the Bakersfield Marriott, located at 801 Truxtun Ave.
Raji Brar, the owner and operator of Countryside Market and Restaurants will be speaking at the luncheon.
The Kern County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce will also be honoring the following six local businesses for roles they've had in the community.
- Woman-Owned Business of the Year: Mix Salon and Touch-Up Bar, Leticia Garza Velasquez
- Technology Business of the Year: Alpha Technologies & Alarm Systems
- Family Owned Business of the Year: South Street Digital
- Rising Star Award: Johnny's Take and Bake Pizza
- Energy Service Business of the Year: 5C Holding Inc. Drilling and Transportation
- Outstanding Business of the Year: Atiano's Cleaners