BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — Next month, parents will have an opportunity to get their kids vaccinated for free thanks to Adventist Health -Bakersfield.
According to the Vaccine for Children guidelines, the vaccines are complimentary to children under the age of 18 who either have no health insurance, enrolled in Medi-Cal (must present Medi-Cal card at each visit), or American Indian or Native Alaskan.
Organizers say that no appointment is necessary, but immunization cards are required.
Adventist or its mobile unit is scheduled to be at the locations below for its Childhood Immunizations against vaccine-preventable diseases:
- Walgreens – Monday, June 3 rd 4306 Ming Ave. (parking lot), Bakersfield from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Boron High School – Tuesday, June 4 th 26831 Prospect St. (multipurpose room), Boron from 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Walgreens – Thursday, June 6th 3301 Panama Lane. (parking lot), Bakersfield from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Greenfield Resource Family Resource Center – Monday, June 10th 5400 Monitor St. (parking lot), Bakersfield from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Kern County Dept. of Human Services – Wednesday, June 12th 100 E. California Avenue (parking lot), Bakersfield from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Walmart Fashion Plaza – Thursday, June 13 th 2601 Fashion Plaza (parking lot), Bakersfield from 9:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Adventist Health Bakersfield – Wednesday, June 19th 2800 Chester Avenue (parking lot @ 29th), Bakersfield from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- NOR Riverview Park – Monday, June 24 th 437 Willow Drive. (parking lot), Bakersfield from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- New Life Church- Wednesday, June 26th 4201 Stine Rd. (parking lot), Bakersfield from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m
Adventist says it may stop registration 30 minutes before closing time and children under five years of age and their siblings will be given priority due to First 5 Kern grant funding.
For more information, please call (661) 869-6740.