Assemblymember Rudy Salas will be hosting a free tax preparation workshop for those in Bakersfield on Saturday, Feb. 17th.
The workshop will be held at the Friendship House Community Center located at 2424 Cottonwood Rd. between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
There will be IRS-certified volunteers at the workshop helping provide the tax preparation to those who are qualified.
The workshop will be available for low- to moderate-income taxpayers, military veterans, the elderly, or those with a disability.
Below are the items required in order to participate in the workshop:
- Photo ID
- Social Security Card or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number for all family members
- All earning statements (W-2's, 1099's, Social Security Income, etc.)
- Copy of prior-year tax return
- Bank account and routing number for direct deposit
- Tuition Fees and Expenses
- Expenses paid for child/day care
Appointments are required and can be scheduled by calling (661) 336-6829.