The Bakersfield Police Department currently has an extensive backlog of outstanding nonviolent misdemeanor warrants. These warrants are nonviolent in nature; including property related offenses, vehicle code violations, decade old infractions and low-level cases. Outstanding warrants do not have an expiration date, creating the backlog.
In an effort to safely reduce the backlog of outstanding warrants in the City, the Bakersfield Police Department Warrant/Fugitive Detail is organizing a “Clear-Up Your Warrant Day”
This will provide members of the community with nonviolent, citable warrants the opportunity to receive a citation with a new court ate without the fear of going to jail. Individuals who qualify to participate in this program will be issued a citation with a new court day and will not be booked into jail.
The following dates and locations from 10:00AM to 6:00PM have been scheduled to provide individuals in the community a day and time convenient for them.
· Thursday, September 17, 2015 Wayside Park-1270 Ming Ave.
· Monday, September 21, 2015 Patriots Park-1600 New Stine Rd.
· Wednesday, September 24, 2015 MLK Park-1000 S. Owens St.
The following warrants are not eligible for a citation:
1) Any Felony
2) The misdemeanor cited in the warrant involves violence (including domestic violence).
3) The misdemeanor cited in the warrant involves a firearm.
4) The misdemeanor cited in the warrant involves resisting arrest.
5) The misdemeanor cited in the warrant involves giving false information to officers.
6) The warrant of arrest indicates that the person is not eligible to be released on a notice to appear.
Individuals who cannot attend these dates, or if they do not qualify for this program, can still contact the Bakersfield Police Department Warrant /Fugitive Detail at (661)326-3842 and make arrangement to turn themselves in.