Bakersfield Police Department is looking for new recruits. BPD will have a booth at the fair answering questions and offering a chance to experience real police training through the live option simulation exercise, until the fair closes on September 30, 2018. The simulation training is free and you must be a least 18-years-old.
The BPD application filing deadline is at 1 p.m. on October 5.
Click Here for BPD Job Listings and Instructions
Minimum requires listed on the BPD application are:
- AGE: Must be 20 years and 6 months of age at time of written exam.
- EDUCATION: Possession of U.S. High School Diploma or G.E.D. Possession of a two-year, four-year or advanced degree from an accredited college or university may be substituted for the high school requirement.
- LICENSE: Possess a valid Class "C" California driver's license.
- PHYSICAL CONDITION/VISION: Good physical condition. Weight must be in proportion to height. Vision and physical condition must satisfy established POST Medical Standards as provided on their website: http://post.ca.gov/medical-screening-manual.aspx)
- CITIZENSHIP: Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien who is eligible and has applied for citizenship.
- FELONY: Record must be free from any felony convictions.