BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — According to Bakersfield Police, over the last year, 4,200 Bakersfield residents reported vehicle burglaries or thefts from unlocked vehicles.
BPD has provided prevention tips to avoid vehicle burglary.
- Dont leave valuables in your car.
- If you must leave valuables, place them out of sight before you reach your destination or move them inconspicuously.
- Try to park in busy, well-lit areas.
- Lock all of your vehicle's doors.
- Set any alarm or anti-theft device.
If you see suspicious activity, always report to police at (661) 327-7111.