With the increasing senior population of California, more senior drivers are expected on the roadways.
By 2020, senior drivers, 65 years of age and older, are expected to reach 4.9 million and 6.9 million by 2040.
The California Highway Patrol (CHP) has implemented the Age Well, Drive Smart program statewide. This program was designed to provide older drivers with the KEYS to driving safer and driving longer.
Tuesday, September 27 at 1 p.m. is the next session for seniors to have the opportunity to brush up on their driving skills.
Discussion topics in the Age Well, Drive Smart program include:
- How to tune up their driving skills.
- Refreshing their knowledge of the rules of the road.
- Learning about normal, age-related physical changes and how to adjust to them.
- When it may be time to limit or stop driving.
- Understanding the alternatives to driving.
Please call (661) 864-4444 to sign up, space is limited.