BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — The California Highway Patrol is hoping its Age Well, Drive Smart statewide program will provide older drivers with the keys to safety driving.
CHP says the the program takes off with a free educational class for senior driver's 65 years and older. Class discussions will include:
- How to tune up their driving skills.
- Refreshing their knowledge of the rules of the road.
- Learning about normal, age-related physical changes and how to adjust to them.
- When it may be time to limit or stop driving.
- Understanding the alternatives to driving.
The class is scheduled to take place at the CHP Office, 9855 Compagnoni Street, Bakersfield on Tuesday, May 21 at 9 a.m.
CHP advises you to please call 396-6600 to sign up, space is limited.