This week on Simply Sweet Allison I have the perfect sweet treat to bring to a Cinco De Mayo party this weekend or any other themed party! These cupcakes are so easy to make and they won't last long! You just mix all the ingredients into a bowl and get to stirring. And-, they actually taste like churros!
-1 package white cake mix
-1 cup milk
-1/2 cup sour cream
-6 tbsp. butter, melted
-2 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
-1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
-5 cups powdered sugar
-1 cup butter, softened
-2 tbsp. milk
-1 tsp. vanilla
-1 tsp. cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all of the batter ingredients into a bowl and mix until incorporated.
3. Place batter into cupcake tins (makes about 16 cupcakes) and bake in the oven for 14- 19 minutes, or until golden brown.
4. Now make the frosting while the cupcakes are baking. Mix all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix until smooth. (NOTE: if the frosting is too thick, add a little more milk.)
5. Once the cupcakes are cooled, frost and top with cinnamon sugar and a churro for decoration!