BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — With over 4,000 residents recovering from COVID-19, only 100 people have donated convalescent plasma.
As an incentive, between July 27-August 1, Houchin Community Blood Bank will be offering the following to all COVID-19 convalescent plasma donors:
· CCP donors will receive a $50 gift certificate to a local restaurant
· CCP donors will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win a $500 gift card (2 drawings per day)
This form of treatment is being used to help critically ill patients that are currently suffering from COVID-19.
To donate, the following requirements must be met:
· Meet regular blood donation requirements
· Have tested positive for COVID-19 or for the antibody
· Must be completely symptom-free for 14 consecutive days
If these requirements are met and a recovered COVID-19 patient is interested in donating convalescent plasma, please call HCBB's hotline number at (661) 616-2575. Appointments are required.