CSUB president Horace Mitchell and Kern high School District superintendent Bryon Schaefer signed "The University Promise" Wednesday.
The initiative is designed to provide all students graduating from the Kern High School District with the opportunity to attend CSUB.
Students have an admission guarantee as long as they graduate high school and meet the following requirements:
- Take responsibility to find out about and participate in student support services
- Create a 4-year college preparation plan approved by a counselor
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA
- Complete the 15 college entrance course in high school
- Participate in the Early Assessment Program and meet placement requirements for college-level math and English either through the EAP, SAT/ACT, AP or by passing the English Placement Test and Entry Level Math exam before the end of my senior year
- Take the SAT or ACT exam senior year and receive a qualifying score, if GPA falls below 3.0
- Apply for financial aid during my senior year through FAFSA
- Graduate and receive a high school diploma