BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — Dignity Health Mercy and Memorial Hospitals are offering free drive-thru flu clinics beginning September 26 to residents 18 years or older.
Vaccinations will be given on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Influenza is a serious disease that can lead to hospitalization and sometimes even death.
Dates, locations, and times include:
September 26 from 10 a.m. to noon, Mercy Hospital Southwest- 551 Shanley Ct.
September 30 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m, Memorial Hospital- 420 34th Street.
October 10 from 10 a.m. to noon, Mercy Hospital Downtown- 1919 16th Street.
To help ensure the safe delivery of the vaccine during the COVID-19 pandemic, adhere to the following guidelines:
• If you suspect or confirm you have COVID-19, please do not attend the clinic.
• All individuals will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 upon arrival at the clinic.
• The flu vaccine will not be administered to individuals with suspected or confirmed COVID-19, regardless of whether you have symptoms.
• Your vehicle should only have individuals who will be receiving the flu vaccine.-
• All individuals in the vehicle must wear face coverings.
• The flu vaccine will only be administered to adults 18 years and older.