News

Actions

Fire department warns about the dangers of charging phones on beds

KERO-Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 8:03 AM, Jul 10, 2017
and last updated 2017-07-10 11:03:00-04

Newton NH Fire Department in New Hampshire is warning children and parents of the dangers of charging phones on the bed or under your pillow. 

The fire department posted this photo to social media of a burnt sheet and covers saying, “The heat generated cannot dissipate and the charger will become hotter and hotter. The likely result is that the pillow/bed will catch fire. This places the child/teen as well as everyone else in the home in great danger.”