The flu can be a serious disease that can lead to hospitalization and sometimes even death, and anyone can get sick from the flu.
Certain people are at greater risk for serious complications from the flu. These high-risk people include:
- young children
- pregnant women,
- adults 65 years and older
- anyone with chronic health conditions such as asthma or diabetes.
“We encourage our residents to take advantage of these low-cost options to protect themselves and their loved ones from the flu," said Matt Constantine, Director of Kern County Public Health Services Department.
- Public Health Services Building on 1800 Mt. Vernon Avenue, Bakersfield - Monday through Friday 8am-11am and 1pm-4pm either by appointment or walk-in.
- Outlying areas (Delano, Shafter, Taft, Arvin, Mojave and Ridgecrest) - Call 661-321-3000 for clinic dates and times or to schedule an appointment.
- Public Health Services Building on 1800 Mt. Vernon Avenue, Bakersfield – Thursdays in October from 5pm-7pm. Walk-ins welcome or call for appointment.
- Hosking Avenue Swap Meet - Friday, October 14th, 5pm-9pm
- Kern County Fairgrounds Swap Meet - Sunday, October 30th, 7am-12pm.