BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — Fourteen fugitives have been taken into custody during a recent operation by the Kern County Sheriff's Office.
According to KCSO, on March 20, KCSO hosted an operation to locate and arrest wanted fugitives from the Electronic Monitoring Program (EMP) in Bakersfield and the surrounding areas in Kern County.
KCSO says 14 fugitives were taken into custody during the operation. Five additional felony arrests and five additional misdemeanor arrests were made. According to KCSO, 42 locations were screened and 26 probation/ parole searches were conducted during the operation.
Other law enforcement agencies that participated in the operation include:
- Kern County Probation Department
- Kern County District Attorney's Office
- Bakersfield Police Department
- Delano Police Department
- Ridgecrest Police Department
- Taft Police Department
- McFarland Police Department
- Tehachapi Police Department