The Kern County Public Health Services (KCPHS) is urging residents to get their flu vaccinations. "Tragically, last flu season we lost two of our community members due to influenza," said Matt Constantine, Director of KCPHS. According to the CDC, it takes around two weeks for antibodies to develop and protect.
There are a variety of low-cost and free flu shot locations throughout Kern County:
Free Drive-thru Flu shots for adults 18 and older. It starts at 7 a.m. until doses are gone.
- Bakersfield, Adventist Health, 29th Street and Chester Ave (Enter from K Street to 29th)
- October 13, 2018, starting at 7 a.m.
Dignity Health Mercy & Memorial Hospitals
Free Drive-thru Flu Clinic qualifications:Residents must be 18 years or older and vaccinations will be given on a first come, first serve basis.
- Bakersfield, Mercy Hospital Southwest- 551 Shanley Ct., Bakersfield, CA (Behind the friends of Mercy Building)
- October 4, 2018 from 4 p.m. -6 p.m.
- Bakersfield, Mercy Hospital Downtown - 1919 16th St., Bakersfield, Ca (16th & D St.)
- October 6, 2018 from 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Bakersfield, Memorial Hospital-420 34th St., Bakersfield, CA (Parking lot next to Human Resources building)
- October 8, 2018 from 11a.m. - 2 p.m.
Kern County Public Health Services
- Bakersfield, Routine Public Health Clinic- 1800 Mt. Vernon Ave. Bakersfield, CA
- Public Health Services Building Monday through Friday
- 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. either by appointment or walk-in.
- $9 per shot
Seasonal Flu Clinics - Outlying Areas
All locations listed here are said to cost $9.00 per flu shot.
- Rosamond: Rosamond Library, 3611 Rosamond Blvd
- October 9 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Pine Mountain Club, 2524 Beechwood Way
- October 10 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Arvin: Arvin Library, 201 Campus Drive
- October 16 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Lake Isabella, 7050 Lake Isabella Blvd, Suite 144
- October 17 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Ridgecrest, 400 N. China Lake Blvd
- October 23 from 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Taft: Public Health Office, 915 N 10th Street
- October 25 from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Delano: Public Health Office, 455 Lexington Street
- Every Wednesday beginning October 3 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Shafter: Public Health Office, 329 Central Valley Hwy
- Every Wednesday beginning October 3 from 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
No Charge Clinics:
- Kern County Fairgrounds Swap Meet, 11423 S P Street
- October 14 from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Hosking Swap Meet, 1000 E. Hosking Avenue
- October 19 from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
For more information call 661-321-3000 or visit www.kernpublichealth.com.