23ABC News received reports of a gas leak at the Valley Plaza Mall Saturday morning.
At about 9:20 a.m. PG&E received a call from the Bakersfield Fire Department about the smell of gas at the mall.
A viewer who was at the mall sent in photos of shoppers standing outside as PG&E officials worked to determine the validity of the leak.
One employee said that they smelled a faint lingering of gas.
PG&E officials had a service rep at the mall by about 9:40 a.m. and the food court was evacuated.
At about 9:45 a.m., an employee of Red Robin restaurant said that shoppers and employees were let back in.