Bakersfield College is hosting a number of events this week to honor and show appreciation to all current and past members of the Armed Forces at the college.
Monday Nov. 6:
- Veterans in the Classroom - Professional Development Training, Faculty & Staff only (1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m., Levan Center)
- Veterans Community Leader Breakfast - RSVP only, if interested please contact Shauna Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org. (8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m., Renegade Room)
Tuesday Nov. 7:
- Operation Not Forgotten: Care Package Drop Zone (7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Administration Building)
- Most needed items include beef jerky, condiments and sauce packets, drink mix singles, baby wipes, liquid hand sanitizer, imodium A-D.
- Other care package items include nuts, trailer mixes, sunflower seeds, tuna meal packets and chicken, Ramen Noodles, odor eaters for boots, Chapstick, baby powder, cards and letters of support.
Wednesday Nov. 8:
- Women Veterans Summit Distinguished Speaker Series: Women in Combat Elizabeth Perez-Halperin (8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m., Fireside Room)
Thursday Nov. 9:
- Vetfest - Join Bakersfield College for free food, music, and gain access to necessary resources vital to student success. (9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Area in front of CSS Building, Counseling Center)