The Sonic location in Tehachapi was shut down by the Kern County Department of Public Health Monday afternoon.
According to the Health Department, the location at 1040 W. Valley Blvd in Tehachapi was inspected on August 13 and "multiple violations" were found. Some of those violations include:
- No sanitizer in any sanitizer buckets.
- Hot water temperature was measured at 110 degrees, which is below the required temperature.
- Vermin infestation - rodent droppings found under the soda dispenser rack; however, there was only pest control in place for ants and roaches.
- Unclean stove hood filters
- Overall premises was unclean - Inspectors found a buildup of grease on most surfaces, food debris, and debris under equipment.
There is no word on when the location may reopen.