This week on Simply Sweet Allison we made homemade pita chips. These are a crunchy and spicy, healthy snack that takes no time to bake. They are perfect pair to your favorite dip and you can even add to a cheese plate. It is a delicious way to sneak whole wheat into your family's diet. You could also make this caprese bruschetta along with the chips.
- 2 whole wheat pitas
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut pita bread into eighths. Then cut each eighth in half to create two chips.
- Mix together olive oil, dried oregano, garlic salt and cayenne pepper until incorporated.
- Place the pita slices onto a lined baking dish.
- Spread spice mix on both sides of each chip.
- Bake in the oven for 6 to 8 minutes until crispy, but not burned.
- Enjoy immediately or store in an air tight container.