BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — Preparing for the interview is vital for a successful meeting. Our local experts say it's essential to research the company, strategically plan and physically prepare the day before your interview.
It's essential to Google the company and learn about the impact they have the community, any locals news, reviews, their mission statement and anything that will give you an inside into the company. This research can also help you come up with ideas on how you can contribute to the company that you can bring up in your interview.
Before your interview, our experts also suggest to check out other job openings within the company that you can mention in your job interview.
Have everything prepared the night before from your outfit, your bags and print extra resumes to bring with you. Leave early and be prepared for traffic and weather. Our experts also suggest taking a test drive the day before your interview to make sure you know how to get there.
If you have everything prepared the day before your interview, you can focus on just that and walk in with confidence.
"How to Get the Job" local experts:
· Suki Mahal, Recruiting Specialist, Express Employment Professionals
· Laura Hill, CEO, Pinnacle Recruitment Services
· Bob Meadows, Business Development Director, City of Shafter
· Arleana Waller, Founder, ShePower Leadership Academy
· Cheryl Scott, Executive Director, Kern Economic Development Foundation