Kern County Fire Patch KCFD Patch
A candle left unattended caused a business at a strip mall in Lamont to go up in smoke, the Kern County Fire Department said Wednesday.
The fire started around 9:45 a.m. in a business at a commercial strip mall on Main Street.
The fire was quickly knocked down and the fire was contained to the primary business.
No injuries were reported.
Damage was estimated at $20,000, but firefighters say they managed to save the rest of the businesses in the strip mall, valued at $480,000.
The Kern County Fire Department would like to remind the public that any unattended open flame can be dangerous and cause damage or injury.
Cars of all makes, models, and years were front and center at the 2018 Fall Fling Car Show.
The Kern County Coroner has identified the victim of a traffic fatality on Sunday, October 21.
The CSU Bakersfield president and Alumni Association will announce and introduce the outstanding CSUB graduates who will be inducted…