The Kern County Administrative Center has added a metal detector and x-ray security screening system for personal belongings, they announced Friday.
All visitors to the center will be required to submit to the security screening process prior to gaining access starting March 27.
The following items will not be permitted:
- Any knife with a blade in excess of four inches
- Tear gas weapons including mace and pepper spray
- Stun guns and tasers
- Any weapon capable of expelling a projectile through the force of air pressure (example: paint ball gun)
- Brass knuckles
- Martial arts items
- Illegal drugs including paraphernalia
- Plastic molded knives or letter openers
- Openers, shanks, spikes, etc.
- Razors or box cutters
- Replica or toy guns