Pile Burning Requirements
- Obtain a Hazard Reduction Burn Permit from your local KCFD Station.
- Only dry, natural vegetation such as leaves and tree trimmings may be burned.
- The burning of trash, painted wood, or other debris is not allowed.
- Do NOT burn on windy days.
- Piles should be no larger than four feet in diameter and height.
- Clear a 10 foot diameter of bare soil around your piles.
- Have a shovel and a water source nearby.
- An adult is required to be in attendance of the fire at all times.
KCFD officials said that safe residential pile burning by landowners is a crucial tool in reducing fire hazards. Local, State, and Federal Fire Agencies will also be utilizing this same window of opportunity to conduct prescribed burns aimed at improving forest health on private and public lands.
For more information on burning and fire station listings, visit the Kern County Fire Department website at kerncountyfire.org