Dozens of Kern County deputies were promoted Friday and a few received awards.
The 2016 James Throne Award was given to Deputy Juan Bravo, and the Meritorious Service Award was given to Reserve Deputy Brent Burton and Reserve Deputy Mario Cervantes.
A bureau commendation was given to CSU volunteer John Hamisch and CSU volunteer David Rendon.
The following deputies were promoted:
- Sergeant John Carpenter
- Sergeant Augustin Moreno
- Sergeant Brandon Rutledge
- Sergeant Steven C. Williams
- Detentions Sergeant Dustin Alkire
- Senior Deputy Mark Chambless
- Senior Deputy Theodore Costello
- Senior Deputy Jesse Harker
- Senior Deputy Jeffrey Kelly
- Senior Deputy Christian Melero
- Senior Deputy Tanner Miller
- Senior Deputy Joe Saldana
- Senior Deputy Justin Weidenkopf
- Detentions Senior Deputy Christopher Ashley
- Deputy Coroner Timothy King Sr.
- Sheriff's Senior Support Specialist Megan Quiapo
- Sheriff's Program Technician Gabrielle Sanchez
- Undersheriff Brian Wheeler
- Chief Deputy Justin Fleeman
- Commander Damian Nord
- Commander Timothy Posey
- Lieutenant Michael Deleon
- Lieutenant Daren Ellison
- Lieutenant Damon McMinn