News

Actions

Dog saves man from fire in Oildale

Posted at 4:25 AM, Mar 02, 2017
and last updated 2017-03-02 20:38:58-05

OILDALE, Calif. -  An early morning fire sent one man to the hospital and he can thank his dog for saving his life.

County and city fire crews arrived at this duplex on Lincoln Avenue, just off north Chester Avenue in Oildale -- around 1:45 am this morning.
 
Officials believe the victim had something cooking on the stove, but fell asleep.
 
Officials say his dog woke him up and he was able to get out.
 
The fire started in the kitchen and quickly jumped into the attic, spreading across the entire second floor. 
Three ladder trucks were called out.. but they weren't needed.
 
It took crews about 45 minutes to put it out.
 
The man was sent to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
 
No other injuries were reported.