NewsLocal News

Actions

Man severely burned in apartment fire released from hospital

Posted: 10:46 PM, Aug 16, 2018
Updated: 2018-08-17 05:46:55Z

A man severely burned after an apartment fire back in June has now been released from the hospital to begin the rest of his recovery at home.

Both Mercy and Memorial Hospitals posted on their Facebook page saying that 23-year-old Dane Andersen has been released from the Grossman Burn Center at Memorial.

The hospital shared photos of the staff, first responders, friends and family that help Andersen during his treatment. The group gathered to spend time with Andersen before his departure from the hospital.

On June 3, Andersen suffered severe burns to his body after his apartment caught fire while he was asleep.

Andersen was an employee at the Chili's restaurant on Rosedale. Early in June, Both Chili's locations in the city held fundraisers to help Andersen and his family pay for his care.