BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — According to the Bakersfield Police Department, four more people were arrested in connection to a shooting that took place on Remington Way on Saturday, August 17th.
On August 17th more than 60 fired bullet casings from various caliber weapons were found on Remington avenue near Quailwood Elementary School. Police say they were found in the front and back yard of a home in the neighborhood.
The suspects were arrested on a variety of charges.
- Travis Smith, 39, was arrested for assault with a firearm, felon in possession of a firearm and ammunition, and gang participation.
- Demon Morris, 38, was arrested for assault with a firearm, unlawful firearms possession and gang participation.
- Tyrone Foreman, 40, and Jimmy Stewart, 32, were arrested for arrested for several felony firearms related charges and gang participation.
In addition to these four suspects, five suspects were arrrested on August 21st:
- Jonathan Knight, 30, Ricky Allen, 37, Paul Frausto, 27, and JP Chaney, 25, were arrested for assault with a firearm, felon in possession of a firearm and ammunition, and gang participation.
- Deon Davis, 41, was arrested for destruction of evidence, acting as an accessory to felony offense and gang participation.
The investigation into the shooting is ongoing. More information as it becomes available.