Kern County Public Health has released another list of locations impacted by the voluntary recall of frozen strawberries:
- Black Bear Diner – Bakersfield and Arvin
- Church of Jesus Christ LDS – Bakersfield
- Heidi’s Brooklyn Deli – Bakersfield
- Super King - Delano and McFarland
On October 31, a voluntary product recall was issued by the International Company for Agricultural Production and Processing (ICAPP) for certain lots of frozen strawberries due to potential Hepatitis A contamination.
The following Kern County locations are also impacted by this voluntary recall:
- Greenfield Union School District - Served in a breakfast smoothie on August 18, 2016, September 22, 2016, and October 25-27, 2016
- Brookdale Riverwalk Skilled Nursing Facility - Served in infused water
- Glenwood Migrant Head Start and Las Mariposas in Delano - Served yogurt smoothies on October 17, 2016
A representative with Hodel's said the restaurant is not using the strawberries affected by the recall, despite initial warnings from the health department.