Primary elections are finally underway, but this year's ballot includes much more than just the race for the presidency.
Kern County voters will have two significant elections this year, the primary on June 7th and the general election on November 8th, 2016.
Seats that voters will decide in June are:
- 21st, 23rd congressional district
- 26th, 32nd, 34th, 36th assembly districts
- 36 superior court judge positions
- 1st, 4th, 5th county supervisor
- county central committee
In addition to the presidency, voters will see these elections on the ballot in November:
- City council positions in: Arvin, Bakersfield, California City, Delano, Maricopa, McFarland, Ridgecrest, Shafter, Taft, Tehachapi, Wasco
- School district governing board members for the Board of Education, college districts, high school districts, unified school districts, elementary school districts
- Directos of special districts: Advisory council, Airport, community services, hospital and healthcare, irrigation, municipal utility, municipal water, public utility, recreation and parks, sanitary, storm water, water agencies, county water districts
For more information, visit the county's election site here.