The Bakersfield Fire Department Arson Units and BFD/BPD Fireworks Enforcement Teams released their July 2016 fireworks statistics Monday.
These are the highlights from the report:
- Issued 83 $1,500 administrative citations for illegal fireworks usage
- Made one misdemeanor arrest
- Seized 625 pounds of illegal fireworks
- Made one felony arrest for the possession of a deadly weapon
- Responded to 864 fireworks-related calls
- Responded to three serious fireworks-related injuries
The injuries included a 25-year-old male who suffered injuries from an exploding illegal bottle rocket, a juvenile male who received a head laceration from a falling firework, and a two-year-old girl who sustained second and third degree burns on her lower legs from an illegal aerial device.