BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — On May 22 at 9 a.m. the Houchin Community Blood Bank and staff from Optimal Hospice will kick off the "Caring Through Giving" blood donation program.
The program will be conducted in the parking lots of multiple churches in Bakersfield between May 29 and June 19.
Donors are asked to make appointments on-line at the Houchin Community website or drive up to any one of the six church parking lots on the designated date and sign-in.
Locations and donations times are as follows:
- May 29, St. John’s Lutheran Church, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.,4500 Buena Vista Road
- June 5, Riverlakes Community Church, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., 4301 Calloway Drive
- June 8, Grace Baptist Church, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2550 Jewetta Ave.
- June 9, Resurrection Church, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., 48 Manor St.
- June 15, The Rock Church, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., 1400 Norris Road Friday
- June 19, Valley Baptist Church, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., 4800 Fruitvale Ave.