During the month of January, San Joaquin Community Hospital will be offering FREE Childhood Immunizations for children against vaccine preventable diseases at the following sites:
- Benton Park Center/Dollar Tree– Monday, January 11th 2705 So. H Street (parking lot), Bakersfield from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Kern County Dept. of Human Services – Wednesday, January 13th 100 E. California Ave (parking lot), Bakersfield from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm ?
- East Hills Mall– Thursday, January 14th 3000 Mall View Road (West – parking lot), Bakersfield from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Wal-Mart Supercenter – Monday, January 18th 5075 Gosford Rd. (parking lot) Bakersfield from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
- San Joaquin Community Hospital (across the Human Resources Parking Lot, in between 28th St. & 29th St.) – Wednesday, January 20th 2800 Chester Ave. (parking lot), Bakersfield from 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- NOR-Riverview Park– Monday, January 25th 437 Willow Drive (parking lot) Bakersfield from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
- La Hacienda Market – Tuesday, January 26th 315 James Street, SHAFTER from 9:30 am to 2:00 pm
- Fiesta Market –Thursday, January 28th 9710 Main Street (parking lot), LAMONT from 9:30 am to 2:00 pm
Officials not that according to Vaccine for guidelines, vaccines are FREE of charge to children under the age of 18 who meet one of the following criteria:
- No health insurance
- Eligible for Medi-Cal (must present medi-cal card at each visit)
- American Indian or Native Alaskan
The mobile unit continues to take its services right to the families who need them the most. No appointment necessary, but immunization cards are required. We may stop registration 30 minutes before closing time.
They will also offer the Hemoglobin test FREE of charge to children, expecting and post-partum mothers, but require a WIC, school or doctor referral; regardless of health insurance criteria.
Please be aware, children under 5 years of age and their siblings will be given priority due to First 5 Kern funding.
Mobile Immunization clinics will close for lunch between 11:30 am – 12:00 pm, except the third Wednesday of the month which will close from 3:00 pm – 3:30 pm. For more information, call (661) 869-6740.