PORTERVILLE, Calif. — Sequoia National Forest officials issued a Forest Order on Tuesday to close a portion of the Golden Trout Wilderness, to protect public safety during fire operations on the SQF Complex within the Sequoia National Forest.
Forest Order 0513-20-31 will remain in effect from Aug. 26 through Sept. 30, or until rescinded.
The following is a general description of roads and trails closed under this Forest Closure Order:
- All trails within the boundary of the Golden Trout Wilderness on the Sequoia National Forest
- North Road (FS21S50) where it begins on Highway 190
- Lloyd Meadow Road (FS22S82) beyond the intersection with the Last Chance Road
- Sherman Pass Road (FS22S05) a few miles east of Johnsondale
- All trails north of Sherman Pass Road, east of Lloyd Meadow Road, west of Black Rock Trailhead
The closure order and map are available on the Sequoia National Forest website at https://www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/sequoia/alerts-notices.