SEQUOIA NATIONAL FOREST, Calif. — Sequoia National Forest urges visitors to prepare for the impacts caused by the wildfires burning in the Golden Trout Wilderness as labor day approaches.
Refer here for current information about the SQF Complex, evacuations, and closures.
The following closures are in effect:
- All trails within the boundary of the Golden Trout Wilderness in the Sequoia National Forest
- North Road (FS21S50) where it begins on Highway 190
- Lloyd Meadow Road (FS22S82) beyond the intersection with the Last Chance Road
- Sherman Pass Road (FS22S05) a few miles east of Johnsondale
- All trails north of Sherman Pass Road, east of Lloyd Meadow Road, west of Blackrock Trailhead
Fire behavior can be unpredictable, and fire managers are asking the public to exercise caution and steer clear of all areas that could be impacted.
SQF is asking visitors to protect themselves and the forest by:
- Recreate Responsibly;
- Recreate close to home whenever possible;
- Maintain at least six feet distancing from others;
- Do not gather in groups and please follow the latest guidance from officials;
- Communicate with others as you pass. Alert trail users of your presence and step aside to let others pass; and
- Pack it in Pack it out. Make sure you take away any trash or waste that you create while visiting.
For more information on tips for planning ahead, please visit the Be Outdoor Safe webpage.