A weekend shooting at El Potrero Night Club in Arvin left three men injured before police arrested Juan Carlos Rendon on Monday.
It is the second shooting at El Potrero in the last year and a half, and it has city officials looking for answers on how to stop the violence at the location.
After the shooting in June 2015, where one man was killed, Arvin Mayor Jose Flores says he pushed for a larger police force. In the nearly 18 months since the shooting, the department has doubled.
Another change prompted by the shooting was the addition of a security guard at the nightclub. The security guard was one of the three victims in Sunday's shooting.
Arvin Police Chief Jerry Breckinridge says these measures were what they thought would potentially solve the problem, but will be re-evaluating how they respond to the nightclub after the recent shooting.
"This is a random act of violence, it can't be predicted and can't be forecasted, so it's really difficult to determine what measures need to be taken to alleviate something like this from occurring again," Chief Breckinridge said.